Solid catalysts testing plant
The pilot plant allows to test solid catalysts both in pellets and in structured geometries at the working temperatures and pressures.
The operating conditions that can be simulated in the plant are reported in the following:
– temperature 0 – 400°C;
– pressure up to 10 bar;
– relative humidity 0 – 100%;
– gas flowrate 5 – 100 NL/min, corresponding to a surface velocity of 0.1 – 2 m/s (GHSV 2000 – 40000 h-1).
The plant was used for:
– hydrogen-oxygen recombination tests on palladium-based catalysts;
– ammonia selective catalytic oxydation (SCO) tests on silver-based and palladium-based catalysts;
– selective catalytic reaction (SCR) tests on bentonitic clay catalysts;
– water adsorption tests on silica gel at pressures up to 10 bar and sorbent regeneration tests.